Lene Øveland Berge founded Be You Career Consulting to help people thrive at work, get promoted and make successful transitions. She has a strong passion for the human side of business and helping people build sustainable, dynamic careers they love.
With more than four years running her own business and 10 years of experience across career advising and human resources, Lene has helped 100′s of multi-level professionals across a range of industries achieve career fulfilment. She partners with both companies and individuals to deliver targeted career transition, leadership development, and corporate training programs.
Lene enjoys writing on career topics and has written several articles published on various career websites and read by people in multiple countries. Her career management book, Uncover. Position. Thrive: Your Guide to Job Search & Career Growth, is available for purchase here.
Lene has an upbeat, global mindset and participates in several international career networks, including Career Thought Leaders, WBECS and International Coaching Federation. She lives in in Sola with her husband, Stein Inge, and their children Pernille and Thor.
BA: La Trobe University
MSC: Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Professional Coaching Certification: The Academies (ICF Accredited)
Advanced Training Credentials: Executive & Leadership Coaching, Brain-Based Success Coaching, Emotional Intelligence Training & Coaching, Hogan Assessment Suite, Birkman, Personal Branding, 360Reach, Social Branding, Resume Writing, Career Management.
Kind Words From Happy Clients
- I would like to thank you for the way you have met me and the professionalism you exhibit both as a coach and workshop facilitator. Your calmness and pleasant demeanor invoke a strong sense of security in all participants. You show interest in each person so that they feel comfortable. Along with your strong communication skills, this makes you trustworthy, credible, and not least proficient. I would like to thank you for what I have learned and the advice you have given, which I will take with me when I now seek a new career path.IreneStatoil
- I have used the CV you developed for me and was offered a very interesting role in May that matched my professional goals. Today I had my first day and I want to express my sincere gratitude! Thank you so much!Emra ÖztürkmenFinance Group Manager at PROCTER & GAMBLE
- I hired Lene to update my resume in preparation for a career change. One of Lene’s obvious strengths is her ability to ask smart questions and uncover the essence of my talents. With attention to detail, quick turnaround and friendly manner, Lene helped me transform my resume to a highly distinctive and branded document to be proud of. I would not hesitate to use Lene’s services for career counseling again and have already started recommending her work.Marie SamuelssonVP Tetra Pak
- I have worked with Lene on my professional development for over a year and have greatly benefited from her knowledge and recommendations. Using her tools and methods has helped me to discover my weaknesses and strengths and to be more self-reflective. This in turn has enabled me to craft tailor-made applications and to-the-point preparation for interviews. Lene’s professional and friendly attitude and her positive spirit sustainably motivated and encouraged me to stay confident and focused throughout the process.Christian R.Finance Director
- Sabrina has landed a new, exciting and very well paid job, not least thanks to your book. She read the book prior to the whole interview process and thanks to your training I was able to ask her the right preparation questions. She benefitted a lot from your insights. Sabrina was able to argue with her strengths and to put forward how the company can benefit from hiring her instead of her profiting from changing the job. Therefore, we have to say thanks to you. Again. Your book is very good, by the way. It is precise and not too long. The relevant information is very dense and it is easy to read. Well done!Christian R.Finance Director
- Lene is perceptive and bright, and uses her knowledge with insight and understanding in a way that engages and motivates - giving me new and fresh perspectives to evaluate from. As a coach and trainer she exhibits a sound openness and natural poise. Lene has helped me by focusing my energy on opportunities and solutions.Arne Ottar WollaSantander Consumer Bank